Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Poem from a Loving Person to Comfort Me

I have met some people on Facebook. In particular, some people in the Cavalier Army that have been a true blessing to hold my hand, let me cry. laugh and I am forever grateful.  The army started when her beloved Cavalier Mickey was sick and needed prayers. More about the army later, but wanted to share the poem she wrote for me.


To Comfort My Mum.



The days have passed since Ive been gone
But you my sweet mummy Anne will forever mourn
It seemed so sad that I had to go, why you ask
But that you will never know.
I just want to send some comfort your way
And tell you that I wished I could stay
I wanted to forever run with you and play


But I am only lent by God,
But while I was with you we were like peas in a pod
Our time together was special indeed
You fulfilled so many of my needs
I am still with you of that you can be sure
Just look at the clouds and you will see me once more
At night my little eyes will glisten up above
And I will wink at you as I float free like a dove


Please dont worry about me at all
For I have so much love and lots more
The love you gave me was so intense
Sometimes life just doesnt make sense
But be assured that the time we had
Wasnt meant to end by making you sad


Look on me a sample from God;
he displays his love through a loving dog
The way in which I would lick your nose and snuggle close and wrap myself around your toes,
for you smelt like a beautiful rose.
You see its love that makes me do those things, and now up here that love echoes like a constant ring.


For when I watch you each day I feel the
sadness that you display
Mummy I want you to miss me but let me go I am waiting here with God and one day you yourself will come to the show.
Until that time be assured I are fine.
Gods taking care of me all the time.
I have lots of things to do and see,
but most of all I watch over thee.


So just to comfort you right now, I take a bow, and salute you with my little paw, for you my mummy could have done no more.
As I run of now to play with God, I want you to be at peace and smile for us each, for you and your love covered me like sand on a beach.


Farewell my mum until that day, when I will see you again and we can once more cuddle and play.love....


Your sweet cavalier  girl Ella.



Julie Schofield

No comments: