Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The News

I was frantic. I knew there was something wrong with Ella. It was not allergies and an ear infection, I know something is wrong. I called the vet and they referred me to a neurologist. I at least thought that she can have an MRI and then I will know and not be freaked out and worry about something that is not a problem. I felt good. I knew to look for the signs, I was educated about Syringomylia so if she had it, at least I was a step up. I would have noticed things before it was too late. When the doctor came back saying that she walked fine and they could not see any preliminary signs, I took a deep breath. Yes!!! Then she went on to say that when they touched her neck she whelped in pain which was not normal so an MRI would need to be done to see what the problem was. I already knew. I knew when no one else did. I dreaded this day and all I felt was numb. I was in a daze when they called and told me she was done and she had a severe case with a large syrinx. How did I not know until now. She seemed so happy and knowing she was in so much pain brought tears to my eyes.

No comments: