Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

buying a puppy is and should be like buying a car part 1

When I was little, I wanted a puppy. Several surgeries and years later, that puppy could have paid for my college tuition and a new car.

The puppy I wanted to dress up, kiss and hold, became a dog my parents took out, fed and ended up spending a lot of money on due to all the health conditions resulting from a poorly breed dog.

A new puppy will be with you as long as a new car if not longer, yet more people do research before buying a car that is not a life and does not hurt when a part breaks.

Before buying a puppy, think about what you might do before buying a car.

Does the dog (car's) characteristics (features) fit your lifestyle.

Sure that pretty convertable may look nice next to a minivan, but ask my sister after a long car trip what she feels about the DVD player for the restless kids.

Think about 3 hyperactive kids crammed in a car for several hours with no stimulation or breaks. I think havic. Now picture an active dog needing lots of exercise in a small space for several hours. I can see some scratched doors, broken items, maybe even holes in the walls.

You might not be the right fit for a particular dog (car) needs.

No comments: