Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

We may be worlds apart…You can stand under my UmbrELLA, Ella, Ella

Rihanna’s song “Umbrella” is a great song (not only because it says Ella) but it expresses how I feel about the Cavalier world and the people I have met.



When the sun shines, we'll shine together

Told you I'll be here forever

Said I'll always be a friend

Took an oath I'ma stick it out till the end

Now that it's raining more than ever

Know that we'll still have each other

You can stand under my umbrella

You can stand under my umbrella

(Ella ella eh eh eh)



I give anything for her because of how she has been there for me through everything lending support, comfort, joy and now that she is sick, I will be there for her throughout. However, Ella is not alone and when I wrote this blog it was to help others understand things, express my heartache, and maybe someone else would read this and could identify some things. I never imagined how many people I have been introduced to through this, supported me and I supported them and learned so much more each day.



Going through this, I looked on the Internet for answers, advice, prognosis, anything to help me determine what to do and what to expect. With SM you don’t have those answers. Some people are told by Doctors their Cavaliers would never live as long as they have and still are. What makes me get through each day is the support I have received from people I have met on the Internet, which are as close as my same city, to Australia. We all share the same thing, love of our little ones. The people that have gone through having a dog with SM will never forget how hard it is, but even going through any dog you love with an illness is tough.



These beautiful Cavaliers are Miki and Miki’s brother Morris who live in Rome, Italy. They posted a picture of Ella on their Facebook page and sent me an e-mail saying how touched they were by Ella’s story. Immediately, I received comments from people all over the world who gave prayers, comments, support and I was overcome by emotion. I knew Ella was a special girl, but to know that all of these people read about her was truly amazing. In this great big world we live in, the love of our Cavaliers (or other animals) brings us together to pray and support each other which I know has kept Ella and me strong through this fight.



With this I have met someone that lives close to me and also saw a comment from another person who lives near me who let Ella borrow her stroller. It is amazing how small this world is and how we all come together and support each other for our Cavaliers.



Please let me know if you want your name added to the prayer list.

2 comments:

Miki Ferrari said...

"... but even going through any dog you love with an illness is tough"
That's so true Anne, we want thank you for this blog sharing with us your experience, you feelings, your doubts, your expectation. This is for many of us ab important element to think about to something more important than shows and competitions, the value of love for our furbabies, the value of their life as part of our.
Miki, Morris & Marco

Cavaliers Corner said...

Beautiful CinderELLA Ella Ella....we are all thinking of you and you're very loving Mummy who cares for you so much.