Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July and Suddenly Don't Feel Like Celebrating (Ella's bad day)

I am sitting here while all my family is getting ready to go watch the parade and head off to the beach for dinner and fireworks.  I don't know if it was too much exercise on vacation in combination with taking her medication too late today but something I did or maybe not but Ella is having a bad day.  She whelped which she hardly ever (if ever) has done.  She has been constantly scratching, shaking her head, can't get comfortable, laying on the cold floor, panting, rubbing her face on the floor and I hate these days.  I laid on the floor with her suddenly the joy I felt from the day has changed to sorrow.

Everyone says that Ella is just tired but I know these things and I could overlook them for tonight and go have a good time, but how can I when I know she is having a bad day? It's like one minute you forget she is sick and so does everyone else, but then they have an episode and you are reminded of the fact that the future is unknown.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm sorry Ella had a bad day yesterday, today is Winston's. :( Like you said, it's hard to believe they are ill most of the time until they do too much. Winston is not yelping, but he certainly is sleeping alot and is not in my lap as much as normal. I hate days like these. Hope Ella is back to herself soon.

Two Little Cavaliers said...

I am so sorry your sweet girl had a bad day. I hope she is feeling better now and that it was just too much stimulation and heat that made her tired so her symptoms were more apparent.

I do know what it is like to think a sick dog (through no fault of their own) is having some good days and then all of a sudden you experience a bad day and you don't want to leave their side.