Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Top Ten Questions to ask Breeders

I can not tell you how much helpful information http://www.cavalierhealth.org/ has.  Check out what they said about the top ten questions to ask breeders and also you can look at the excuses that breeders use.  http://cavalierhealth.org/questions_for_breeder.htm

There are so many breeders out there and it is important for the health of our dogs, that the ones that are doing the most to produce healthy Cavaliers are the ones breeding.  It is tough because I know that Cavaliers can be expensive but some of that is because of the cost it takes to make sure that the puppies are healthy.  It hurts me to think about or see people selling Cavaliers online like they are an item.  These are dogs that have health problems and even though there are no guarantees, responsible breeders take measures to ensure less risk for certain problems to develop.  You can't discount a dog like a pocket book.   I just hope people are responsible and understand what health issues this wonderful breed may have and the precautions that breeders are doing to help reduce risk.  It is an amazing thing and I am not a breeder but it is not just putting two dogs together.  There are a lot of other factors to make sure to have the most healthy puppy possible. One breeder told me that as long as she goes to sleep at night knowing she did everything she could to make the most healthy puppies, then she is doing the right thing. 

No comments: