Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Ella the Angel that Saved me and the other Angels that are Saving her

I keep wanting to start at the beginning and tell how Ella came into my life because I believe she is an angel.  She saved me and so I knew I needed to do everything to help and save her.  I will always be thankful for her but recently some other angels have come to help her and I have been overcome by the kindness I have seen by the people who have been also touched by her.  I started this blog to share Ella's story because I read about another dog Ollie who I have talked about a lot in my blog.  I knew about Syringomyelia and the symptoms and I felt that if another owner could notice some of the symptoms of SM or if her story helps another, then what she has gone through would be worth something.

Since the time I found out about Ella until now, I have met a lot of others going through the same thing.  I have talked to breeders about their struggles and also some very special people who are trying to spread awareness and help with research for Syringomyelia.  These people are always on my mind and in my prayers.  There is a lot to this condition which I have some posts about and I have always said that each dog is different.

There have been people that have supported me and when I started to get concerned because I started to see symptoms come back and it was like I was going through everything all over again.  I was scared because I have done everything possible to help her the first time.  So what do I do? When some dear angels www.dawgbusiness.blogspot.com organized a fundraiser for Ella and the response was more than I could imagine.  This spread to others http://dogandogs.com/ , http://thisonewildlife.com/, http://www.pet-health-care-gazette.com/ and even others that I am going to list who posted her story.  Then I had emails and donations, prayers and concerns for Ella.  It was truly touching and I could not do this without everyone.

This is why I want to tell everyone that I will do everything in my power to return the help.  Ella going through this changed me and helped me realize what is truly important.  I will never forget what people have done for her and will do everything in my power to thank them and also pass on this generosity to others.  That is what I always wanted and this blog started because of that reason but it turned out that others helped her.  Please continue to follow up on Ella's story but I also want to say that Ella is not alone.  I have so much to say so I will separate posts.
 

No comments: