Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ella's New Friend

Sometimes i feel that i am continuing to write about the same things and i forget the point. Its not fun for me to relive the days of worry about ella. Those countless nights i spent on the internet searching for some answers. Then i realize that is exactly why i do this. Some people have reached out to me and shared their stories.

Recently i got an email from someone just starting the process when she found out her dog had severe sm. She seemed scared and was looking for guidence or at least someone to talk to. That was the way i felt. Even though i could not tell her whether or not to have surgery, i hope that maybe it helped just to talk about it. I feel for her and her journey ahead. I can not predict the future but she has a great neurologist so she is in good hands.

I also have received help from others. Ella only had surgery 6 months ago and sometimes i get scared that it was not successful. I talked to someone who had a cavalier that had surgery 2 1/2 years ago and she said she felt the same way. I did not feel alone and i knew that 2 1/2 years is a lot longer than i thought. The problem with the internet is that it is hard to find the stories of what happens after surgery. You go through the recovery but then what.  Let me say that i  have talked to people that have cavaliers that had surgery over 5 years ago. There are success stories but i cant help to see things in ella that make me worry that it is all beginning again



anniemac proud owner of ella

No comments: