Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Things I Learned

1) Try to have fun and not be too serious.  Dogs can pick up on things and you need to be able to lift theirs.

2) Trust yourself. Others may think they know more than you do, but just seeking help or trying to get facts is saying a lot.

3) I was really shocked today to learn that my image of a puppy mill or back yard breeder was nothing like what I found out. Don't go by images or prices. The old saying is to not judge a book by its cover, well I thought I knew a lot and I was almost fooled.  I will write another post about this.

4) I have been overflowed with gratitude to all the people who I have reached out to during Ella's recovery.  I am amazed at how supportive they were and I hope now I can be the same.

5) I think that if a dog has surgery they tend to do well right after surgery. I believe it is better to restrict there activity, even if they seem to be fine or until you talk to your neurologist.  Better to be safe than sorry.  It is so tough to hold them back, but too much activity early on could cause scar tissue ect.

6) Go outside and let them soak up the sun.  I got ella a cool vest.  These are good for pugs especially since they have breathing problems and tend to get overheated,

No comments: