Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Another Surgery or Post-Surgery Soundwave Therapy?

I wish things were clear but they are not. It is so important to get as much information as possible before making any decision regarding health or in general. Actually even before buying a puppy but that is another issue.  I am a member of several forums and asked some people for information after I talked more with Ella's neurologist.  I have read about Post-Surgery Soundwave Therapy on Cavalier Health and wanted to know if anyone had experience or could give me some input. I have also asked if anyone had gone through a second surgery. What is interesting is that no one responded to the second surgery experience but I had a couple of people tell me some positive things about Alphasonic Soundwave Treatment. 

The actual machine is expensive but there is less risk. However, surgery is concrete. I know there is more risk but due to Ella's progression do I want to take the chance with Soundwave therapy? There is a local animal hospital that offers rehabilitation therapy, Steele Creek Animal Hospital. They do not have the actual Alphasonic machine but I did not get to talk to the Doctor but I did talk to the tech and it seems to do some of the same things.  Ella's neurologist said I could give it a try but I would not know if it is helping and then would I need another MRI. What if it doesn't help?

Yikes!!! I know one thing for sure! I am not going to do nothing. I am not going to give up and I am going to get as much information as I can so I can make sure I feel comfortable that I am making the best decision.


Just look at her! Would you give up on her either?

No comments: