Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Think Big Start Small- "to the world you are but one... to me You are the world"

About a year and a half ago, I was looking on the Internet and I saw a picture of this beautiful dog Ollie. At that moment, I wanted to learn more about him and I read about what he went through. I bought the book and cherish it everyday. I will always talk about the book For the Love of Ollie because the story gave me knowledge about this condition and helped me recognize what was going on with Ella. I will always be thankful for that. Sandy Smith did not write the book to make a profit, in fact the money goes towards SM research.  This one book made a big change in my life. Ollie touched me and I reached out to Sandra when I found out about Ella and she offered her support.  Yesterday I e-mailed her because she had sent me some books to spread the awareness of SM.  I told her about Ella's recent news and she shared about Maggie. 

I have been thinking of so many big issues and even though I think that is important, I need to be reminded of the one thing that makes the biggest change. That is knowledge and support.  I have been contacted by people who have read my blog and her story has touched others. I met a very special person Tania who has the website Cavalier Matters who told me about Cavalier Talk. Through that I have met many others and have been given information, support, and will always be thankful for that.

The day I got the e-mail from Tania, I was so happy. I felt that someone cared and I know there have been many others along the way, it was that realization that helped me. 

Knowledge

I can not stress enough the importance of understanding and looking into things. Ask questions, talk to someone, see why things are the way they are. In general it is better to know more than not. 

I have talked about Rupert and the bright light he is trying to be for all Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.  I am not asking for money. There are many ways that research could benefit with donations.

Please do this one thing. It does not cost anything, it is really easy to do, and by doing this you may help another dog the way Ollie helped Ella. Save another dog, spread the word. Look at the symptoms and learn about the issues because it would be a shame to learn about it once it is too late. 

In memory of Ollie and Rupert, please share their stories and read about this condition and learn about the importance of knowing health issues.

Thank you,

No comments: