Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Dog Bar

I recently posted about a photo competition to raise funds for Rupert's Fund and Cavalier Rescue and one of the pictures sparked some interest.


Ella loves the Dog Bar in Charlotte and has spent several nights there.  So tomorrow is Kennedy's birthday and what better way to celebrate than at the Dog Bar. That is where they first met.  I love the owner and she is familiar with Ella. She makes me feel like Ella is the most special dog and one of her favorites (but I am sure most people feel the same way).

We have gone to the Dog Bar since Kennedy's 2nd birthday. She is now turning 5! My cousin used to go there all the time but now her job is taking that time away. You can actually see her behind the bar in the picture with Ella on the bar.  I miss the Dog Bar and I am so thankful to have that in Charlotte.  I am looking forward to tomorrow!  Even though I feel like this place is family, I saw that another blog wrote about it. http://www.ohmidog.com/

I was thrilled to see that it got this attention.  Look at the video they did!




Here is there post you have got to see and when I can figure out why I am having trouble uploading pictures I will add more!


I want to say that this is my favorite and basically only place I like to go out.  You would be surprised at how easy it is to meet people when you have a dog. It is different than coming up to a person at a regular bar, there is an instant conversation starter.  Other than that the most important thing is you are around dog lovers. People who have a kind heart and passion.

It is where one time I was real upset about Ella and I walked into the Dog Bar and carried Ella in and cried to Audra. She knows the love you feel for your dog and I know she loves her.  It is a place where you can let all your problems go away or even talk about them. 

I have met other dog lovers online and they are great but it is also good to see some others in person over a beer.  Ella will be happy to see her boyfriend and play and I know I will like to have some time to be with friends.

I am looking forward to tomorrow night!  That reminds me, I am going to try to make cookies. I told Kat that I would but now I hope I can do it!!!

No comments: