Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dog Stroller- then and now

You know when you buy something thinking it will motivate you to exercise, cook etc. That is what shopaholics do. Two years ago I got this wonderful dog stroller, the kind you can take running in a hope that somehow I will make myself exercise. My idea of working out is walking up the three flights of stairs to my apartment. So the dog stroller collected dust along with my pilates equipment, Wii fit, all the things I used to buy.

I am big in giving to charity. Ella would volunter as a therapy dog and go to the nursing homes, we would do things around the community anything to give back. Each year I got involved in PetPalooza which is a fundraiser for charlotte's Humane Society. I organized a silent auction so I could raise money and put some things that I did not use to raise money.

My dusty dog stroller that was top of the line was one of the items which I had no idea i would need so desperately now. The stroller I spent several hundred Dollars for raised a only $20. My finances have changed since last year and so has my need for a dog stroller.

This weekened Charlotte had Bark in the Park and I wanted to go but Ella needs to be careful with how much exercise she does. Where is my dog stroller? With someone that thought it was "cute". I went home and got a baby stroller my mom had and off we went to Bark in the Park. I have always felt it is important for dogs to socialize so Ella needed to go. I know I got looks or people said how cute, but I wished we were like the others. No worries, just fun which we had but I felt isolated.

The stroller worked and Ella liked being outside but the one table we wanted to find, the dog stairs, we couldn't. We did see Kim at club k-9 where she used to go to day care so overall we had fun but we are very tired!

No comments: