Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Symptoms I see more clearly now

Now that I see some symptoms come back after surgery, I think I can describe it more. I always thought it looks like they are scratching their neck. I really never saw that with her. It's true that when she's excited it's worse, but she uses her back leg to scratch at her side. I noticed it was always one side. I can now see why scratching can be confused with allergies, fleas tec. Because I'm confused right now. I called her vet because I still have that feeling that it could be a flea especially since I saw one the other day. But after a thorough examination I gave her, I found nothing.

Here's a big thing I notice. If I try to pet her head she lowers it just a little. It's like she is scared or flinched like someone getting ready for a needle for a shot. It's not very noticable but I see it.

she rubs her head on things. She has a hard time getting comfortable or ready to go to sleep. But she has no problem eating because as I was writing thus she sneaked up and grabbed my sandwich. She's a mess but I love her!

No comments: