Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Holding Ella Hostage

I love Ella and I know how everyone that gets to know her falls in love with her too.  Everyone says their dog is special but I really think she is.  Sometimes I get a little mad because people will only want to hang out if Ella is with me.  Do you want to see me or the dog?  It's always Ella.  Oh well, at least she has people that love her :) Last night I went to my friend Gemma's house to see her dog Corey that I talked about who just got diagnosed with a severe case of SM.  My friend who LOVES Ella came along.  That night we were in seperate rooms watching TV and I could not find the remote.  I said "I'll give you Ella if you give me the remote".  The funny thing is I knew that was my only bargaining tactic. 

I went in the room to check up on them and Ella was being guarded.  She was being held hostage!!! I think that they were scared she would come back to me because she is a mama's girl.  Well I eventually got her back after searching for another remote to swap.  It is funny how much people want to be around her.  Ella loves my friend but she is still a mama's girl when it comes time for bed. 

Now if you did not already think I was crazy, you will now.  I sing to her at night before we go to sleep.  She has a special song.  I have been doing it since she was a puppy.  Once she hears that song she comes to bed.  So I have the ultimate trick card.

No comments: