Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What's been going on? Is it happening again?

An old blog buddy Jud emailed me to say that he had noticed I had not been posting anything on my old blog and saw this. Even though he did not have a Cavalier he understood how tough it is to go through loss or struggles with "man's best friend". It reminded me thus is not just about SM but about the love of an animal. Not all people have to have a dog with SM to relate and also it's not just Cavaliers with SM. I was told that griffons are also needing help. Overall a dog is something that can make you laugh, cry, worry and change your life.

My life has changed and things that were important to me now aren't. Every thing I do now is for my as Jud said "little one". My life has become all about her and even though it may seem like I letting my life pass by, I feel the exact opposite. She gives me life and a need to do something bigger. I have her and for now that is a huge blessing. So my friends understand what I am going through and will be there when I need them because they are wonderful. So much that the day I found out about Ella one special person called people and got everyone together so I would not be alone.

I have found new friends and additional support from others going through this. So pray for Madeline, Scarlette, Bailey, Star, Cookie and the many other little blessings that have come into lives and touched someone. I am amazed at how many people Ella has touched but that's not true I know she is something special. What I am constantly reminded each day of the people that tell me that have a dog going through this or the unfortunate ones that are gone. Thank you to www.pawsfurtreats.com that put something up about Ella and for everyone to pray for her. It's these people that I have never met yet they carry Ella in their hearts and wish her well. So thank you for allowing Ella to touch your heart.

I told Sandy Smith who wrote "for the love of Ollie" that Ollie will remain in my heart forever because he is the one that made me see the symptoms sooner than later. He might have given ella a little longer with me and for that, I will always be thankful!

No comments: