Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Queen City Supports Her "Little Kings"

I feel quite proud of myself today. I'm always thinking of something I can do to help since sometimes I feel helpless. After being upset at ella's pet insurance for not covering her MRI which I thought was covered, I got proactive. I feel like instead of staying upset then try to do something so I let my little mind go. The best way I can help is by telling ella's story. If you don't read this at least go to www.cavalierhealth.com because it has tons of valuable information.

If someone is reading this then they either are like I am and have a loved one with this condition or most likely know about this inherited condition that is facing some cavaliers. Sometimes I want to scream PLEASE for the love of your dog be aware of their health. That is the most important thing. Charlotte cavalier owners will have this great opportunity to have ella's wonderful neurologist Dr. Brofmann come talk. It's free and he is offering his valuable time and I'm SO thankful. This is how I want to help. Owners need to know what's going on but they need to know what questions to ask.

I have talked about Ollie and the reason is it was him that made me see things that her vet did not think of. I said to him that she needs an MRI because of this that and another. Granted it's best to rule out other things before going this route, but I had been thinking something was wrong for some time. So I want others to know and sometimes it frustrates me. How can I help when people are not open to listen?

So here's where I'm proud of myself. I love my job but I do not have to use the creative part of my brain but I did today :) I live in Charlotte NC which is called the Queen City. So I thought come on Charlotte people and at least we can be educated. So I came up with this slogan. "the Queen City Supports her "little kings" that grace her streets. I think it is good even if it isn't. So come on queen city use this fortune we have been granted and come listen to this sweet expert talk to us. That's more than a lot of people have and information is free.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for doing this blog. Hopefully, it will inform people of this terrible thing that can happen to our babies. I missed seeing you at our Sunday meeting. I attended a seminar on sm at the CKCS national show in Orlando 2 weeks ago. I am going to pass your blog address to the Blue Ridge Cavalier Club and the Central Cavalier Club. Hope to see you soon. Hugs and kisses to Ella!!

Betty Hensley with "Ricky", "Lucy" and "Sunny"