Ella was diagnosed with Syringomyelia and taught me more in her short life about how to live life to the fullest, love with all your heart, and learn from each other.

About Me

My photo
The moment I first held Ella, my world changed. She has touched so many people giving love as a therapy dog but now it is time to give back. No matter how hard she tries to give, her eyes show sadness and pain.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

There is hope

I apologize about the post last night but as I have said before each case is different. So here something I read on the CKCS-SM yahoo support group. A owner said her cavalier was diagnosed at 23 months and now 7 years later I think she is still here living a happy life. She said they still have good days and bad but overall things don't have to be the worst. This dog has not had surgery and so there you go a happy story for those of us that need to hear that. So anyone that is like me and want to have support or people to answer questions, then see if the support group will help. There are many people with different opinions, suggestions, helpful tips but I would always remember that it is your decision and each case is different.

I will always remember that tip from Sandy Smith and it is true. Also even with surgery, there is still no cure. For me I think I made the right decision and even though it might not have worked, I would not change it. Please spread the word because I am going to submit the next post on the shocking information I received about the need for research and my torn thoughts on the BBC special pedigree dogs exposed.

No comments: